PLANNING YOUR CRUISE
THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU
- Sunglasses, Hat, Sunscreen, Raincoat
- Pack items in collapsible baggage to facilitate stowing.
- Bring your bicycle to tour the canal while visiting various towns.
- Although there are small grocery stores and places to dine along the canal route, bring any food/drink items you would enjoy between stops. The first day, bring a packed lunch as there are no stops between Pendleton and Lockport.
- Although the water in the tanks on the boat is drinkable, it is recommended that you bring your own bottled water as it may better suit your taste.
- Ice for the ice chest. It is recommended to place your drinks in the ice chest(s) and place meats/ fruits in the frig.
10:00 am - Arrive at the dock located at Porches of Pendleton B&B located at
5176 Tonawanda Creek Road-North, North Tonawanda, NY 14120
10:15am Load boat with your personal items. Park car securely at Porches.
10:30 am Receive instruction on boat operation. Go on test run. We will work with
you until you feel comfortable that you can handle the boat and we feel
comfortable that you can handle the boat.
11:30 am Prepare for departure from Porches of Pendleton B&B
If heading east, the Lockport Locks are about a 2 hour ride.
You may decide to spend the first night in Lockport or continue on to Middleport.
The lift bridges and locks operate from 8:00 am 6:00 pm.
Medina is about 5 hours from Pendleton so if you wanted to stay there the first night, know that there is a Medina lift bridge that does not operate past 6:00 pm. Consequently, travel to that destination the first night will be tight.
Night Before Returning Boat
The boat must be returned to the dock at Porches of Pendleton by 2:00 pm.
Due to possible delays at bridges and locks, it is recommended that you spend the last night at Widewater Marina or at one of the tie-ups in Lockport. You could spend the night as far as Middleport, but an early morning start is then necessary to ensure you are able to make it back to Porches by 2:00 pm.
Not sure where to stay the night before or the night following your Canal Princess Charter?
Why not consider a stay at Porches of Pendleton B&B?
Combine your Trip with Another Adventure!
Maid of the Mist Boat Rides
Whirlpool Jet Boat Rides
History of The Erie Canal - A journey through history
Niagara Fallsview Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Casino Niagara Falls
Niagara Wine Tours
Seneca Niagara Casino
You can combine this unique trip with a visit to the Niagara Falls (Accessible by car only; just 20 minutes north I-190). Compare the thunder of Niagara aboard the “MAID OF THE MIST” with the tranquility of the “ERIE” aboard a Canal Princess Houseboat.
Take a Jet Boat Ride in the Whirlpool Rapids. If luck is on your side, you can visit one of the local casinos, or maybe tour and taste some of the worlds finest tasting wines from the Niagara Region winieries. The western New York area is rich with history and many museums can be visited either by boat or car.